Kenya Railways Corporation, as part of its mandate to develop its assets, has developed a strategy to create exciting and innovative property developments. One of the key developments is the Lake View Resort City. The proposed Lake View Resort City will be located on the Kenya Railways land measuring 20 acres in Kisumu City on the shores of Lake Victoria. It will be situated between Jomo Kenyatta Highway, Bank Street, the railway station and the State Lodge.
The project will involve the development of the following facilities:
- Five star hotel – 400 rooms
- Two three star hotels – 300 rooms each
- Conference facilities for over 2000 people
- Office park – 10 commercial buildings
- Car park – 2000 cars
- Entertainment and recreation areas
- Shopping Mall
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Park
The proposal is for a joint venture partner to assist with the development of the resort.